Berwyn, PA Air Conditioner Repair You Can Trust
Why isn't the air conditioner turning on? Why is my cooling system making strange noises after turning on? Nobody should have to ask themselves this on a scorching day. When you need air conditioning repairs in Berwyn, you need it fast - and that's why expert technicians PJ MAC HVAC are ready to assist!
Common Signs You Need Air Conditioning Repair Berwyn
You will want to call a licensed AC Repair company if you're experiencing these common problems:
- The air conditioner isn't working. Until inspecting the electrical panel for a tripped breaker, make sure the thermostat is properly mounted.
- The air isn't cold. Check that your thermostat settings are right. Then, if you haven't done so in the last few months, install a new air filter. A new air filter will increase performance and indoor air quality. Check to see if the outdoor device is free of debris and not leaking refrigerant.
- Uneven cooling. Leaky ducts, inadequate insulation, or blocked registers are common causes of fluctuating temperatures. If none of these factors are causing the problem, consider hanging blackout curtains on south-facing windows. You may also add a zoning system to control temperatures in different rooms.
- Water dripping from the unit. Examine the condensate line for clogs. This is the PVC pipe that exits the air conditioner. Leaking refrigerant may also cause ice to build up on the coils and drip water.
- The air conditioner is making weird noises. Screeching, clanging, banging, or clicking noises indicate potentially serious problems. Switch off your machine and contact PJ MAC HVAC immediately.