Signs That Your Furnace Should Be Replaced
Is your furnace starting to break down, and you're not sure if it's better to fix it or replace it? Before your current system fails, the following signs can suggest that you need to replace it in your Westchester home:
- Your appliance is approaching the end of its useful life.
- Your system is no longer capable of adequately heating your house.
- There are holes in your machine. A crack in the heat exchanger will result in a carbon monoxide leak, which is extremely dangerous for your entire family.
- Your energy bills start to rise on a monthly basis.
- Multiple repairs are needed for your system.
- Your system needs a major, expensive repair.
The Advantages of Getting a New Furnace
When you install a new furnace in your house, you can rest assured that your appliance will not need repairs anytime soon. There are also other advantages, such as:
- It has the most up-to-date technology and functionality for controlling your home's environment.
- It can be more energy-efficient than older systems, using up to 30% less power.
- It can be quieter than older models.
- In comparison to an older device, it can provide more consistent heating throughout your home.
Typical Furnace Issues
Although your furnace is the most important device in your home during the winter months, it is not immune to malfunction. The following are some of the most common problems that your unit can encounter:
- FAILURE TO MAINTAIN: Failing to schedule a routine tune-up or maintenance on your device can lead to problems that need repair.
- FILTERS THAT ARE DIRTY OR CLOGGED: If you don't replace your filters on a regular basis - at least every three months - debris can build up, putting a strain on your device and resulting in poor indoor air quality.
- WEAR AND TEAR: As your device ages, it can develop problems, necessitating more frequent repairs.
- THERMOSTAT THAT IS MALFUNCTIONING: If the temperature in your home does not match the temperature set on the thermostat, you should have it tested by a professional.
- INADEQUATE AIRFLOW: When airflow is disrupted, your device will overheat.
- CARBON MONOXIDE LEAK: A carbon monoxide leak may be caused by issues such as a broken heat exchanger. This can put your family in a precarious situation, and it needs to be looked into right away.